Monday, December 29, 2008
Back from the holiday!!!
It has been awhile since my last post, but 2009 will provide plenty to write about. I am just writing this quick blog to let everyone know I am still here and looking forward to getting this blog back up and running. The end of 2008 has been crazy. First we had the market crash, gas prices soared then declined again... Most recently Bernie Madoff and his antics have been all over the news. When someone of Bernie Madoffs statue enters into the "no trust" category people take notice. For years he was considered the end all be all by some in and around finance. 50 billion dollars and complete collapse later, it is easy to see in hindsight his short comings. All of this leads to one thing though. The market has no "trust factor" at the present time. Where have the good guys gone on Wall Street????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About the blog and myself
- Finance Helper
- What can I tell you about myself and the blog. First, I have stresses like everyone else, I am continuously working hard to conserve my funds, while also taking time to enjoy life. After spending my entire childhood and college years in Maine, I moved to Connecticut to pursue my career. I went to Sanford High School and Bowdoin College (both in Maine). Both of these schools taught me a lot but there was one critical element missing from my education. How was I going to save, what was I going to save for and what financial tools should I utilize??? My goal with this blog is to give students and young professionals the upper hand in preparing for their financial future. There is a huge disconnect regarding how we teach "older professionals" to invest as opposed to "younger professionals". Hopefully this blog is able to confront that disconnect and provide a guide to investing, home buying and some of the other financial walls that spring up around "young professionals". For all of my readers please feel free to add posts and to ask questions. Also check out my store, which has some great books and practical business products. Happy Viewing!!
Helpful Financial Education Links
- Crains
- Everfi
- http://money.cnn.com/
- http://www.bankrate.com
- http://www.bloomberg.com
- http://www.finance.yahoo.com
- http://www.forbes.com
- http://www.inner8.com/
- http://www.marketwatch.com
- http://www.mymoney.gov/
- http://www.sharebuilder.com
- http://www.smartmoney.com
- https://www.cakefinancial.com/
- Saving Advice
No comments:
Post a Comment